Sunday, May 3, 2009

Teach me Our ways, O LORD

"If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons." Hebrews 12: 7-8


Definition: chasten -to inflict suffering upon for purposes of moral improvement; chastise.
Synonyms: chasten -discipline, punish, humble, purify, simplify.


Illustration: There was a little boy who disobeyed his father. He had to tell his father what he did and ask his father for forgiveness. So the little boy decided to wait until they were at church to ask his father for forgiveness. The little boy was very excited because the preacher was speaking on forgiveness. He knew his father would have to forgive him and not punish him. The little boy leaned over and told his father what he did. Then he asked his father to forgive him. The little boy's father said, "I forgive you. I will always forgive you. But let's go outside for some cleansing."



God will take your sin and bury into the deep seas. AND He puts up a no fishing sign. God wants us to see our sin, deal with it, and get rid of it. God does not want us to carry around an old stinky fish.
This past Sunday our pastor spoke about building intimacy with God. In order for us to have a closer relationship with God we must allow God to turn our lives upside down. We must allow God to reveal the "stinky fish" in our lives.
I am so thankful that I can look at my life and see that I am a daughter of the LORD. As I approach motherhood, I see how God is calling me to Him to teach me about His ways. I know God will reveal my stinky fish, help me deal with it, and move on. God is so good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment