Monday, August 17, 2009

Cling to God's faithfulness

I have been going back over some studies I did a few years ago. I found them during one of my "nesting" clean-ups. One of the studies was about women who believed God. The chapter was about Hannah and the Canaanite woman. I wanted to share part of it with you. I hope you don't mind.

Canaanite woman: Matt 15:21-28

This woman's daughter was possessed. She needed help. She wanted her daughter well. She was not an Israelite. Jesus came to teach first the Jews and then the Gentiles. The Canaanite woman understood that and was willing to take whatever was left over. She believed that little bit would heal her daughter. She had faith that believed even just a little bit of Jesus' power would heal her daughter. And her daughter was healed.

The Canaanite woman earnestly sought Jesus for help. She had obstacles she had to overcome in order to get to Jesus. We don't have to take the crumbs that fall from the table. But even those crumbs will be enough, if we will believe.

I wanted to share this with you because for some time I have wanted to fight God on where Marc and I are financially. I have been praying that our customers would pay for the service we have given them. I have been praying that we would be able to pay our bills. And then God changed my prayers to praying for our customers to be able to pay their bills. God changed my way of thinking and praying. He gave me concern for our customers and others who are in trouble. God gave me a peace of where Marc and I are. God reassured me that He is faithful and would continue to provide for our needs. And He has. Since then we have received payments for past due invoices and we have been able to catch up on some bills. It is so exciting to see that taking the crumbs that have fallen off the table is enough. God has helped me overcome my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment