Someone once said, "you'll find out just how selfish you are when you have a child." I'm here to say that statement has been proven true in my case. No one wants to tell someone else that they are being selfish. No one wants to admit that they are being selfish. It's when you see your selfishness that will tell what kind of character you have. I've wanted my life to show my love for God and not myself. Unfortunately, I have been failing to do that.
It always makes me realize just how Soverign God is when I find myself relating to every part of the church service. I find myself crying just because it causes me feel His love, compassion, and grace. Here are a few thoughts God brought to mind to keep me focused on what God can do and has done for me.
Holy Spirit within me
-gives me a sense of hope, when I feel hopeless.
-helps me to realize that what I feel is temporary and does not change my eternal value.
-puts life into perspective.
-shows me my need for God's love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness.
-shows me my need to surrender to God.
-helps me realize just how much God loves me.
So there it is. One reason I am struggling is due to my sin of selfishness. It's because of the Holy Spirit within me that gives me a peace to know that the emotional distress caused by my selfishness will one day be put in check. And I will be able to love the way that God desires His people to love others. I ask that you pray for me. Pray that I will let God change me. Pray that I can stop scratching while God heals the selfish-bug bite. Pray that God will continue to protect our marriage as I struggle with being selfish and becoming self-less.
No comments:
Post a Comment