Friday, September 17, 2010

Indoor Insects

Most days one would assume that nature would remain outdoors. All creatures meant to roam free would do so, outdoors. However, Thursday was not one of those days. Some how nature came into our hosue and decided to visth with Chloe. 

Chloe is very curious. She likes to explore all the things around her. I think Chloe decided to pick some unusal looking piece of black and figure out what it was. And low and behold it was a bee. OUCH! It took a few seconds before I saw the bees and began to put together what happened. Her thumb was red, swollen, and a stinger was stuck in her thumb.

I believe I got it out and I gave her a piece of ice to hold. She decided to eat the ice. Thankfully, she did eat it and didn't swallow it. After sitting her down to snack she finally calmed down.

The bees were on the floor and I think the one she picked up was dying but still stung her. I'm not sure if she touched all three but they were all dead and without stingers. My brother-in-law came over and took a look around to see where the bees could have come in the house (besides the door). He has bug knowledge beyond the average Joe.  He said it just looks like they came in the door. Hopefully, there will be no more bees inside our home.

Hopefully, all the critters will stay outside where they are suppose to be.
And I guess we have discovered Chloe is not deathly allergic to bees. That's great news.

No comments:

Post a Comment