Doubts have been flying in my head for many months now. I'm doubting our path in life and what I should be doing. I found moments of peace and then found myself back to doubts. This is a struggle for many people these days.
Many people are stuck in the same if not worse, financial situation we are. Facing difficult decisions of looking for a new job or having to move because you can no longer afford where you leave, even cutting expenses down to utilities. There are some so desperate they are willing to give their child away for food. I can not imagine this desperation. And am so thankful, I have the true hope of Jesus in my life.
Even with my doubts and our financial struggles, God has provided all of our needs. Although we have many late bills and fees but have not gone without food or utilities. God has been working in us and break us of our pride.
God has been working out all of the steps to get us to this point of broken. We realized that we are not able to pay our mortgage since the first of this year. So we decided to file for bankruptcy. As soon as we decided this, peace began to reign again. We know that God gave us this peace.
This is not a decision we made lightly. We struggled with it for many months, almost a year actually. We did some research and found a lawyer, recommended by a close friend. As soon as we had our first meeting the final questions and concerns we had were put to rest. God orchestrated every step and we could see His work and His hand on us.
The financial struggle continues but with a lighter load. One month to the next we find our income drops. Finally, someone tells Marc of a possible job. This job has great prospects for stable income and possibly medical benefits. We are still waiting for an interview and trust no matter what God is in control.
Meanwhile, we have no money, waiting for a job to post, and interview to commence to see if it even happens then my car breaks. God was right there...right then. He provided a vehicle for us to borrow until we reached a decision on fixing or selling the car.
I had a Volvo. I say had because we sold it. It cost to much for us to fix it. We have been searching for a replacement vehicle and....I'm pleased to say a new vehicle has been added to the family. It's a 2002 navy Chevy Blazer. It will be cheaper to work on and Marc is excited because he knows it inside and out. His green S10 truck is Esther's long lost cousin. Esther...that's what we decided to name the Blazer. Think about it...you'll get it.
How did we pay for such a vehicle? Well, we didn't. God did! He has stepped into our lives to show us how much He loves us and will be there to take care of the big and little things. To us this is a BIG thing. We have witnessed and rejoiced with others that God has done so many big and little things. And now God has chosen us for this time to be blessed in this BIG way.
We are now settling into the idea of Marc moving away from being self-employed to working for someone else as well as a new vehicle. Before I knew it, it was my turn. A job. I have a job. Right! I'm with you, it's a surprise to me.
I wasn't looking for a job but God provided something for me to do. It's a partime job teaching pre-K. Everything happened this week...what a busy week. Chloe will have her own class and God has taken care of her tuition as well as a higher pay that I was expecting.
I have mixed feelings about working but know God's plan is perfect. He will settle my thoughts. He has given us so much and I am thankful.
This is just a little bit of what's been going on in our life the past few months. Thanks for reading.
Until next time....
Marc is already at work getting Esther ready.
Rejoicing in God's provision!
Tears welling up!!! Like a pastor friend said earlier today, He's allowing some trouble, because He is preparing you for something better. Nothing can stop your breakthrough when God says it's time. It may be delayed but it cannot be denied.
ReplyDeleteGod gives up lil bumps in the road to make us stronger for what he has planned for us, so he knows we will be ready and able to handle it. I praise God for looking over you and your family and trust him to lead you in the right path. Keep Trusting in God and know I love ya and will keep praying for yall too.
ReplyDelete