Friday, June 26, 2009

Contentment & Blessings


Isn't if funny how when you find yourself content God decides to give you a little blessing. That's just what happened this week. Wednesday I was on my way to Sam's Club when I was rear-ended. That makes the second time I've been in an accident while pregnant. Most everyone has said I just need to stay home and let them run my errands. The accident was minor. Just a few scratches on the car. I had a little tightening in my tummy. I wasn't sure if it was because I am so far along and it is to be expected (Braxton Hicks contractions) or if it was from the accident. I told Marc I just didn't want to do the wrong thing by not going to the hospital. So I called my OB and she said to get check out. Marc and I got to the hospital and went to labor and delivery. It took very little time to be seen and we are happy to report that the baby is fine. There were little contractions that showed up but nothing they were concerned about. As the ultrasound tech came in, Marc asked if there was any way they could take a look and let us know what gender the baby is. The lady said sure, but you'll have to wait until the end to hear the gender. So at the end she told us.....it's a....GIRL.
I wanted to share this short story with you . Just as I had become content with not knowing that I was going to have God blessed me with a little something I've been wanting to know. We are both excited to have a baby coming into our life no matter if it is a boy or girl. But you have to admit, it is fun to dress girls up.

No comments:

Post a Comment