It's been so long since I've posted I didn't realize I was this far behind. So here are the highlights of the start of 2011.
We celebrated on New Year's eve with David, Amanda, and Brody Andrews. It's such a wonderful feeling when a friend becomes family. God has really blessed us.
Marc and I continue to seek God's direction in the children's ministry at church. We have be able to meet with the volunteers, sunday school teachers, and parents to discuss where God is directing us. We have organized a work day and begun cleaning out the clutter in the children's area. The Sunday school teachers are trying out curriculum. We are hoping to find a curriculum that fits our children and workers.
Marc and I are going to host our first One Way Street Puppetry Festival this month. We have taught at many different festivals for several years but this is our first time on the hosting side of things. I have been busy gathering volunteers to host the festival. We hope to have a good turn out and pray that everything falls into place.
Meanwhile, our business has taken a different direction. Every fall and winter Marc has been able to obtain extra side jobs like painting and pressure washing. This year, he had more side jobs than he could handle. God has been so good to us by providing so many side jobs that we decided to make a business change. Starting January we switched from the business from lawn maintenance to property services or home repair. Marc has enough work to pay for our bills however, we can not collect until the work is complete. This would not be such a bad change but we are so far behind on our bills that the little bit of money we get in doesn't make a dent in our financial situation.
This change in business has given me an opportunity to practice some of the things God has been showing me that I need to work on as a wife. God has done a great work in me and continues to do so. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to love Marc. And I have been able to see things that I want to be for Chloe. Spending long days and nights with her has given me an appreciation for my mom and single parents.
Before Chloe arrived, Marc and I decided that we felt it important for me to be a stay-at-home mom. I have enjoyed seeing her grow. I have struggled with the idea of working for almost two years. I can't believe she's almost 2. Oh, how time flies!
I've been praying for a job that would be financially and emotionally beneficial for my family. And I think God has answered that prayer. A friend at church has been wanting her son to be around other children but not have to take him to a daycare. She and I talked about the idea of me keeping him for her while she works. The possibility is great. Chloe could have some social interaction and we can make a little bit that could help keep us going for a little bit longer. I do not foresee that it's going to make a huge dent but it can help.
Now I cling to the hope that God has given me. I cling to the faith that God has grown in me. I am thankful for the peace and joy my God has given me to walk through this struggle. I can not imagine how those who do not have this peace and joy can make it through such a struggle. Marc and I have been challenged in our marriage, parenting, and finances for more than two years. I know we would have not made it this far if not for Jesus' great sacrifice. Oh, how I love Jesus! and Oh, how He loves me!!
Until next time love and blessings...
No comments:
Post a Comment